Latest news:  
  • Limit for E-Invoicing has been reduced to 5 crores from existing 10 crores respectively.

Ask Question

ask question to finaccle

Back to all questions

If an individual has received a compensation / reward / muafza from the goverment against the compulsory land acquisition to exapnd highway then where should we declare such amount in Income tax while filing the ITR ?

The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013’, shortly known as RFCTLARR Act, which came into effect from January 1, 2014, says  ‘No Income Tax’ or Stamp Duty shall be levied on any award or agreement made under RFCTLARR Act when lands are being acquired by the appropriate government. Thus in your case, as the land was acquired by the government to expand the highway and assuming such acquisition was done after January 2014, then such compensation, reward, or muafza shall be exempt from Income Tax.

  •  Income tax

Flexible Accounting Solutions for your business.

What they say about us

Abhishek Taliya

Quick response to any query. Excellent services and Extremely polite and professional staff.
Abhishek Taliya, 3Tee Elastic Private Limited

Shreyansh Kothari

Best in business in their respective fields
Shreyansh Kothari, K Lal

Abhishek Gotawala

Great service by Team of Finaccle. Their execution method is amazing. Would love to continue with them in future!
Abhishek Gotawala, Harikanta Overseas Private limited

Mr. Sharma

It's good to work with Finaccle's Advisors. Perfect and Reliable.
Mr. Sharma, Ganesh Weaving